Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Penang Bridge on Fire


Of all days....why 11th Sept 2010?? This is Gloria's wedding day....and my first time attending garden wedding. Erghhh....

It is abt 11am, i got a call from a friend saying that the bridge is on fire. I was cooking for my dad and i was late. After cleaning everything.. it is almost 2.20pm.  It is not easy to cook,k? Therefore i deserve a rest.....at 2.45....i went for a shower and prepare myself for the wedding...... almost 3pm.... My friend  said massive jam on the bridge and we should take the ferry. 

"But ferry is slow...." . My friend assured me that it will definitely be faster than the bridge. Alright. Off we go ....stucked in the jam.....at 5pm...still stucked...we were not even at the terminal yet. Gosh!~ 

*Waving to the Garden Wedding*......the Garden Wedding is 5.30pm. sigh

I started punching my phone, asking at what time will the dinner start. Shern called me,asking where am i ?....i told her im still stucked on my way to the ferry. She said she took the bridge and she is already at batu ferringhi. WHAT?????? She repeated, Karen picked her up around 3ish..was on the bridge at almost 4pm and now they are in Batu Ferringhi.  

*knock knock on my head*

GOsh~ We should be taking the bridge instead.

Lesson learned : Dare to take risk and follow your heart.

Guess what time we arrived at the wedding dinner??..

8++pm!! We were caught in the jam for almost 5 hours.

1 comment:

gracieq said...

Read about that too. Ironic that it happened on 11th Sept.