Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Giving love without receiving

i was browsing through the internet when i saw this story...

A lion by the name of Christian was adopted since he was a cub by two young man. They grow up together, the two young man never ill treated Christian. Christian seemed to understand them by the tone of their voice. Just like my dog. It was like rearing a dog with them, they gave him his own playground down under, they played soccer together,etc. As Christian gets older, his size and weight are the thing to be worried about instead of him biting others. He was and i believe still a tame cat. This is when they decided to release him back to the wild in Africa. After a year of separation, they decided to pay Christian a visit inregardless of fearing if the lion might attack them instead. What happened next? click here to see the 'reunion' video of a lion with his owners

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=__UHSZHJ9LA

This video actually bring tears in my eyes. It reminds me of the dog, whom i never owned at my neighbourhood. As a borned animal lover, i love animals since i know my 123 and ABC. I intended to go near to touch and sometimes hug these little thing wherever i go. I have no fear that they would attack me because i believe that they 'sense' my love towards them and i will never hurt them. True enough, i've never been attacked by any stray dogs around me. The story that touches my heart and still remain vivid in my mind is this skinny black female dog.

Those days when i was living in Bukit Mertajam, there were two stray dogs loitering around my street. I'm not sure where it came from...not sure if they have an owner...One thing i'm sure of is that, they cause no harm. Not much on the other brown doggy, this black dog attracts my attention. Why? Simply because 'she' never fails to accompany me to tuition class across the street. Every Monday morning, this dog will waiting at my door, keeping me accompanied ..walking down the street to my class. An hour later, as 'she' sees me coming out of the class, it will run towards me....walking me back home. Everytime without fail...at times i can see 'her' waiting outside my class. The strange thing is, 'she' always run away when i get near to touch her. 'She' knows i mean no harm to 'her' but why is she running away from me? 'She' could be a victim of animal cruelty. Or 'she' simply do not want to share 'her' fleas with me. At times when i argued with my parents, i would be crying at the garden , feeling angry and unwanted. There 'she' will appear at my gate, staring at me then just lay there with me.

There was this day when i was in school, my mom called to send me a bad news. Mom said a few Malay kids had complained to their mom saying there are two stray dogs almost attacked them. I swore i saw them throwing stones at the dogs and 'she' was just trying to scare those kids of by barking at them. Their mom reported to the authorities, then the people came to take 'her' away eternally. 'She' was so afraid that 'she' crawled under my brother's car, refusing to go out. I was very mad at mom blaming mom for the death of the dog. mom can just buy her a license for only RM10. With that RM10, mom could have saved 'her' life. 'She' was wailing and all the pushing and pullings, there were messy blood stains at my porch. I was soooo mad at those kids...cursing them with all the foul languages that i could think of....blaming my mom for not buying that license for the dog...and blaming myself for not being there for 'her'....for not being able to even pat 'her' or protect 'her' afterall 'she' protected me on every Monday mornings. Dear God, if 'she' is there with YOU now, please let 'her' know how much i wanted to be there for 'her' that morning....How much i want to love 'her'....to touch...and least.. to bring 'her' home with me with just that RM10.I'm so sorry..Lord, thank you for sending this angel to be with me even for a short period of time..she has taught me to love without receiving...In YoUR beautiful name i pray... Amen. GOsh!~...my eyes are leaking....flooding already......

I hope the story of the lion will eventually touched the hearts of those who hate animals...and to those who hate dogs. Dogs are like cats laying at your home..just that they are more loyal than cats! The next time u are mad at your pets, before you decided to transfer that energy from your hand to that tiny body...do consider this...they won't be able to complain when they are ill treated, they wont be able to tell u that they are hurt, you would not be able to see them cry, but twhat do they do is...they will still be there for you, love you until their dying breathe.

3 comments:

Jessie C said...

That is a truly magical video on youtube - it was shown on the tv show The View once.

Unlike you though, no matter how much love and care I have for animals, I have been a victim of some crazy dogs attack before - multiple times. Maybe they don't sense it? However, that never change any of my impression towards dog. Still love them but just cautious. Cats however, as unloyal as they may sound, they still greet you every morning and every time you come home... even with the 9 wks old kitten which had just live with me for 8 days. So no matter what animal they are, we are can't say dogs are better than cat. They have their own unique personalities and they show love and care in many different ways. Just my opinion.

Me said...

i'm sorry for being bias. the last part of my blog is specially written for that bunch of 'kids', who indirectly killed the dog.

Unknown said...

Sob* sob* how touching...isk isk.. well joie, ur life has indeed been blessed in so many ways...:) How many of us will have a story like u? I had had bad experiences with dog early in my childhood.. tats why the me now is 'afraid' to go near them.Cant differentiate whether they meant playing or biting.. hehe..The dog that accompanied u to tuition class must have been a very special one.. sad to hear such ending..